Transpersonal Breathwork in NYC.
Bi-Monthly Transpersonal Breathwork Group Sessions for adult women 25+. Experience deep consciousness exploration towards personal transformation and wholeness.
Yes! I want to change my life and stop old patterns of behavior.
Do you feel disconnected or even lost somehow? Or, perhaps you feel as if there some unresolved issue(s) in your past that you just cannot identify, but have a sense that it’s affecting you in some way?
What is Breathwork?
Transpersonal Breathwork involves utilizing deep/rapid breathing coupled with different genres of music in order to evoke a state of higher consciousness in the participants.
Participants enter into deep subconscious levels for the purpose of self-exploration, personal awareness and inner healing.
How it works
- Participants are paired off with one person as the “breather” and the other as the “sitter.” The breather lies on a mat while the sitter makes sure the breather is comfortable, physically safe, and supported throughout the whole session.
- The breather will lie on a mat for the duration of a session.
- Repetitive music is played. This encourages the breather to enter an altered state of consciousness (similar to having a vivid dream). The music starts off with drumming, and eventually reaches a peak and switches to "heart music."
From there it eventually changes to meditative music.
- The session is open-ended. This means that each person is able to derive their own meaning and attain self-discovery. Breathers can make any sounds and move in any way that they want.
- Afterward, participants draw mandalas, journal about their experience and discuss what happened. This could be the re-experiencing of past trauma, feelings of joy, or the development of spiritual awareness.
- Breathers and sitters exchange roles for future sessions.
- There is not a certain pattern of change that must occur during a session. Participants are free to work on whatever comes up for them as they enter the altered state.
- A session might last from 2 to 3 hours in total.
- A trained practitioner is on site at all times to facilitate the exercises providing guidance and instruction.
Work With Dr. Owens
I'd love to help you. Schedule a 30-minute consultation.